Saturday, December 12, 2009

Day Five Post-Op: Can I get out now?

Hello day 5. Is it 14 yet?

Doing a little better today. My friend Nicole came by and kidnapped me last night and took me out to see the local Christmas lights and decorations. Had an awesome time. I laughed so much it made my face swell up, but it was worth it. Saw Santa's on bicycles, penny farthings, helicopters, airplanes, Harley's, in grass skirts, homemade Elmo's, Big Bird, ginormous reindeer that stretched across 4 or 5 peoples houses. It was fun. I think I'm starting to go stir crazy so it helped.



Can definitely see the swelling going down now, and you SURE CAN see the lovely bruise on my neck today. I think the muscles in my jaw are also starting to repair themselves now too. They are starting to spazz out every now and then which sucks cause they want to open my jaw, but they can't. And it kinda hurts.

My lip is still tingling off and on, and I think I'm starting to get feeling back in part of it. Hopefully it will clear up sooner than the 2-3 months they say it usually takes.

Still haven't figured out how to eat anything. Hoping to the doc will call to check on me and someone can tell him that I can't actually get any thing other than thin liquids in. Maybe he can put me in rubber bands early or something, who knows.

Looks like the sky is clearing up a bit, will have to go for a walk soon before it starts raining again. Watching Public Enemies right now. Getting my Johnny Depp fix. Haha.

Til tomorrow! New week, hoping for a better one than this last one! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment