Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Day Two Post-Op: As the face swells

Day two is here and my face has gotten bigger. Hoping it doesn't get much more swollen than this cause I'm not sure my lower lip can handle it! =p

I've been trying to keep ice packs on as much as I can. Took a walk around the block this morning, it was nice to get out for a little bit. Been trying to speak some today and move my face around a bit. It really frustrating that no one can understand what I'm trying to say. While I was on my walk and when I was in the shower I kept repeating "How now brown cow." Gotta find some other ways to work on my speech, so if anyone has any suggestions, let me know. :)

Didn't really sleep any better last night, I tried sleeping in the recliner at first but the dog was snoring so loud I couldn't handle it anymore and went to my bedroom. The back of my neck is starting to kill me since I normally don't sleep reclined and on my back. What I wouldn't give to be able to curl up in the fetal position right now and get some good sleep. I'd even take that over some real food right now! Haha.

My lower chin and my lip has started to tingle off and on. At first I thought I had something on my face but there would never be anything there, so I'm hoping its a good sign that my face is already trying to repair itself.

I'm gonna get some plain old liquid Tylenol or Ibuprofen and start taking that instead of the stuff with the codeine in it. I don't like taking meds I don't think I need for too long. So I think just the regular stuff will do me just fine.

Its really hard to get thicker liquids like soup into my mouth right now cause the stuff doesn't want to get through my teeth and the bite plate that is in there. This bite plate sucks. I think its also another reason I cant speak very well.

Well here's today's pics. I think its time for a short nap after this, maybe some video games after that since I haven't busted them out yet :) Til next time everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment