Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Day One Post-Op: A little better than what I expected

It's official, I'm on the other side.

Getting into the Operating Room was an adventure all in itself. I was told to show up yesterday at 12:30p and that I would be headed into the
OR about and hour to an hour and a half after that. Well, I was told after sitting in the check in area for about an hour and a half, that the first case of the day went WAAAAAAYYYYY too long, they still have another case in front of me, and then I would be after that. So they ended up checking me into a room so I could at least watch some TV while I waited, and waited, annnnd waited.

Here is my before pic all smiles and not realizing what I'm going to look like in a few hours. Hehe.

Finally at 6pm the nurse came in and hooked up my IV. Then a half hour after that my OR nurse, then after that the Anesthesiologist. The ball started rolling. So by 7:30p I was walking into the OR and probably about 7:45p was going night night.

I was told that the surgery would take about 45 mins to 1 1/2 hours. I guess the surgery took 2 hours but all went well. Woke up on the operating table after what seemed like about 20 mins of sleep to some loud music, I really wish I could recall what cause I though it was funny, and was then rolled into the recovery room. Its kind of strange when they are asking you all sorts of questions but you are unable to speak the answers. But I was trying to speak as well as I could. They told me I was doing such a great job so quickly that I should be able to handle the rest just fine. I started to nod off a couple of time though and would kinda stop breathing, but that only happened like twice. What could I say, I was tired. Haha! Finally they got me dressed and out to the car and I got home at about 1am this morning.

Needless to say, I didn't sleep well. I will probably be sleeping in the recliner in the living room for a few nights. I napped in my own bed this afternoon and that was kind of nice. Eating and drinking has been intersting to learn to do, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. It doesn't help
though that my lower lip is 95% numb along with the tip of my tongue. My face is also starting to bruise, I was hoping I wouldn't bruise that bad, but I guess I didn't get my wish. =p Here are today's pics. I will be trying to post them daily so keep checking in for my progress. :)



3 comments:

  1. ouch , that looks so painful. but glad it went well

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so sad in your post-op pics. It is the look of a girl who misses going to work, sooo much. Ha Ha. And where's the jaw bra? Remember, "nipples are nipples" as quoted by Jerry. You should add some pictures with the bra. Anyhow, get better soon and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't wear my jaw bra in the pics so you could see the lovely brusing starting on the side of my face. :)

    ReplyDelete